by Roy Sangil,
Association for the Socioeconomic Advancement of Pinoys, Inc (ASAP)
Noynoy Aquino is a leader who can lead the Filipino people toward social change through good governance, transparency, and honest leadership.
While Noynoy is known as a low profile son of President Cory Aquino and Ninoy, he is a leader in his own right and would stand out in times of crisis, which is a proven test of a leader.
Unknown to Filipinos, Noynoy was instrumental in the survival of government and democracy when, in November 1989, renegade soldiers wanted to seize the government and perpetuate themselves to power. It was the bloodiest coup d’etat staged by the Reform the Armed Forces Movement (RAM) and soldiers loyal to the Marcos administration. The coup attempt left 99 people dead and 570 wounded. Read the rest of this entry »
PRO-REFORM FORCES TO WIN THIS TIME — LIBERAL PARTY
With reforms and good governance as its campaign battle cry, the ranks of the Liberal Party have grown stronger at the ground level as thousands of new members joined the party and making it the dominant minority party to battle the old behemoth of traditionalist political parties that seek to preserve the corrupt, old system of political patronage and transactional politics in the 2010 national elections, party officials claimed today.
The LP is fielding the formidable presidential and vice presidential tandem of Senators Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III and Manuel “Mar” Roxas II, a complete “Peoples’ Reform” senatorial ticket and a strong local line-up in the 2010 elections.
Aquino and Roxas have been leading in all presidential and vice presidential surveys conducted by reputable polling firms, leading their rivals by wide margins and reflecting the people’s pulse for serious improvements in government policies and direction and their aspiration for a better Philippines. Read the rest of this entry »
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 17:07:56 -0800
I am a member of a forum for Ateneo graduates and I was asked by a friend C.B. on why I was supporting this movement for the Noynoy – Mar candidacy. Previous to this, there was an article written by Emil Jurado questioning the legislative record of Noynoy.
Following is my reply:
Subject: Love of country versus love of self Index
My decision to back the Noynoy Aquino – Mar Roxas ticket is based on a simple idea. Read the rest of this entry »
HARAPAN: THE ANC PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE
Dec 2 2009
Tayo ay hinubog ng mga katangiang ating minana, at ng mga karanasang ating pinagdaanan.
Many have said that it was my good fortune to have been born into my family. My father was touted as the next president and was considered one of the most influential people of his time.
Subalit, tayo po ay tinuruan ng ating mga magulang, mga kasambahay at mga kamag-anak, na anuman ang estado natin sa buhay, dapat nating gawin ang tama at igalang ang karapatan ng lahat.
The lessons of my childhood were driven home by my family’s experiences during Martial Law. These years were some of the most difficult we had to endure, but they were also the most influential in shaping my life and who I am today.
Ang karanasang ito ang nagturo sa atin kung ano ang tama at kung ano ang mali.
Kaya naman noong ating nakamit ang demokrasya at nanungkulan ang ating ina, nangibabaw ang isang adhikain: Mali na tayo ay naaapi, ngunit mas lalong mali ang mang-api. Read the rest of this entry »
10 Things You Can Do To Support Noynoy Aquino and Mar Roxas
- Tie a yellow ribbon in your gate/car/motorcycle/tricycle/ jeepney. Magtali ng yellow ribbon sa inyong mga gate/kotse/ motorsiklo/ trisikol/jeep
- Put up the sign/poster or streamer “Tuloy ang Laban” in front of your house or office. Magpagawa at ilagay ng poster or streamer “Tuloy ang Laban” sa harap ng inyong tirahan o opisina.
- Organize your own group to talk about Noynoy for President and Mar for Vice President. Feedback your groups comments to our center. Magorganiza ng grupo at pagusapan ang kandidatura ni Noynoy bilang presidente ni Mar bilang pangalawang pangulo. Ipadala ang inyong mga rekomendasyon sa aming sentrong pangugnayan
- Organize a family reunion, pulong bahay, picnics or fun/sports/games and other activities in your neighborhood, and include time to talk about the election and why you support Noynoy and Mar. Magsagawa ng fmily reunion, pulong bahay, piknik, palaro atbp., at isama ang konting panahon upang pagusapan ang eleksyon at kung bakit sinusuportahan natin si Noynoy at Mar.
- Join any of the organizations supporting Noynoy and Mar. Sumali sa mga grupong sumusuporta kay Noynoy at Mar.
- Write letters to the editor, school papers,create blogs and social networking sites explaining your support for Noynoy and Mar. Sumulat ng letters to the editor, o sa mga school papers, o gumawa ng blog at sa mga social networking sites tulad ng Friendster o Facebook at ipahayag ang inyong pagsuporta kay Noynoy at Mar.
- Talk with your parish priest or religious leader, and request for a meeting with faith-based organization to talk about Noynoy for President and Mar for Vice President. Kausapin ang pari sa inyong parokya, or ang pinuno ng inyong relihiyon, upang hikayatin ang faith-based organization sa inyong lugar na pag-usapan si Noynoy para sa pagkapresidente at si Mar sa pagka-bisepresidente.
- Regularly share with us at the Volunteer Center the work you are doing for Noynoy and Mar. Ugaliing makipag-ugnayan sa Volunteer Center upang ipaalam ang mga ginagawa nyo para sa pagsuporta kay Noynoy at Mar.
- Make your own 10 things you can do to help Noy-Mar, and share it with the Volunteer Center. Gumawa ng sariling listahan ng sampung bagay na pwede mong gawin para matulungan si Noy-Mar, at ibahagi sa amin dito sa Volunteer Center.
Read the rest of this entry »
RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION VS CORRUPTION, NOT HATRED — ROXAS
CALL FOR REFORMS REFLECT PEOPLE’S HOPES FOR THE FUTURE
Senator Mar Roxas today said Filipinos’ righteous indignation against the corruption and wrongdoings of the Arroyo Administration, and not hatred, fuels the call for transformational change in the national leadership that Liberal Party standard-bearer Senator Noynoy Aquino and the LP national slate carry as their platform for the 2010 national election.
Roxas said Malacanang’s mistaken notion that Aquino’s call for reforms is a “platform of hatred” against President Arroyo only proves the Administration is out of touch with reality that leads to the corruption that pervades in government now.
“Talagang lantad na lantad na ang pagka-manhid ng administrasyon sa tunay na nararamdaman ng taumbayan (The administration’s uncaring attitude towards the true feelings of the people is evident),” he said.
Read the rest of this entry »
Around Manila with Pinoys from all over the nation, rich and poor, and the men who will lead us to the future. It’s the day before the BIG DAY. Let me take you around!
words by Jeanne Carmel Puertollano
photos by Raf Ignacio
Nov 27 2009
A Break from the Usual
Over the past week, I have been bored out of my usual routine keeping tabs on the state of the nation. I have particularly been watching Noynoy Aquino and Mar Roxas’ activities, and to be perfectly honest, the many oath takings that made the news, albeit good, were not so exciting to the average news watcher like me. Or maybe, it was because of all the sitting and watching on television that made the whole thing unappealing. I thought to myself one night, I hope that I could make it to any event.
I got a text mid Friday morning inviting me to the events that day in anticipation for the Big Day. I was very giddy, had an adrenaline rush of sorts. Baon, check. Notebook and pens, check check. (Kleenex check). And so I set off on an amazing one-day political escapade.
Read the rest of this entry »