A SOCIAL CONTRACT WITH THE FILIPINO PEOPLE
THE PLATFORM OF SENATOR BENIGNO “NOYNOY” S. AQUINO III
simple pdf version || one-page version for printing
A National Leadership in Need of Transformational Change
- Its legitimacy is under question;
- It persecutes those who expose the truth about its illegitimacy and corruption;
- It stays in power by corrupting individuals and institutions;
- It confuses the people with half-truths and outright lies;
- It rewards, rather than punishes, wrongdoing;
- It offers no lasting solutions for the many problems of the country;
- It weakens the democratic institutions that hold our leaders accountable.
- It hinders our local governments from delivering basic services;
- It has no vision of governance beyond political survival and self- enrichment.
A People Crying out for Change Read the rest of this entry »
August 25, 1973
Mr. Benigno S. Aquino III
P E R S O N A L
My dearest Son:
One of these days , when you have completed your studies I am sure you will have the opportunity to visit many countries. And in your travels you will witness a bullfight.
In Spanish bullfighting as you know, a man – the matador – is pitted against an angry bull.
The man goads the bull to extreme anger and madness. Then a moment comes when the bull, maddened, bleeding and covered with darts, feeling his last moment has come, stops rushing about and grimly turns his face on the man with the scarlet “muleta” and sword. The Spaniards call this “the moment of truth.” This is the climax of the bullfight.
This afternoon, I have arrived at my own moment of truth. After a lengthy conference with my lawyers, Senators Jovito R. Salonga and Lorenzo M. Tanada I made a very crucial and vital decision that will surely affect all our lives: mommie’s, your sisters’, yours and all our loved ones as well as mine. Read the rest of this entry »